My pregnancy story - Part 2 - a 2 min read

(6/2/2014) I saw my baby in the ultrasound for the second time and it was really an exciting moment. He was so cute- jumping and moving all around. The whole week I was reminiscing about it.

I was given tablets for nausea (they didn't work for me anyway).Back to my symptoms- nausea & vomiting didn't settle down, headache & lower abdominal pain continued, constipation was a new comer. As if that wasn't enough I had dizzy spells, short breath and muscle ache. Yet , the thought of my baby &  the anticipation of seeing him in the next scan session made me strong enough to handle all those pregnancy aches.

As I'm writing this,  I feel that people will think that I am whining. Everyone talks about how good pregnancy feels, how special being pregnant is, how wonderful the experience is and so on; but the painful side of bearing a child- no one talks about.

Yes, not everyone has to go through so much discomfort during pregnancy; but that doesn't mean everyone has it the easy way. Some have to endure so much during this period that they definitely deserve a salute just for the sake of bearing a child and giving birth.

Coming back to my story,

(27/2/2014) Third ultrasound - The baby moved his hand like saying 'hi'. Wow! Such a special moment.

New set of tablets for nausea ( didn't work). I lost weight because I couldn't even eat a scant amount of food due to severe nausea . Even if I managed to eat a little , I vomited it within few minutes .

Without the support of my husband I couldn't have managed even the least bit of that period.I take this chance to thank him wholeheartedly for being such an awesome , understanding and supportive husband.

(12/3/2014) I think I felt my baby kick- for the first time. I wasn't sure though. After 2 weeks, I started getting regular kicks from the baby. I was eagerly waiting to see him do all those flips in the next ultrasound session.

(17/4/2014) My husband and I entered the ultrasound room with so much expectations.  The sonographer was not impressed with the measurements of the baby and we were asked to have a repeat scan. When we questioned her why another scan was necessary she had a grim expression. She finally opened up that the HC(Head circumference) and BPD ( Biparietal Diameter) were not meeting the requirements.

We were so confident that they would have not taken proper measurements since the baby was constantly moving.

THE BOLT FROM THE BLUE

(18/4/2014) It was 'Good Friday'... We were in the waiting room for the repeat scan.

Click here for part 3