My pregnancy story- a 2 min read

My pregnancy wasn't what one would call a wonderful experience. I was facing problems right from the start,even before the pregnancy test showed positive - Severe acne  (for the first time in my life) , terrible headaches , mood swings, lower back ache to name a few.

On observing a lot of symptoms pointing in the direction of  "Hey! You are pregnant", I took a home pregnancy test. Guess what? It showed negative. I had a strong feeling that it was a false-negative.
I decided to repeat the test a few days later.

( 25/12/2013) Pregnancy test - positive. I couldn't control my excitement. I was going to become a mom. I cannot put into words how lovely the moment was.

My first appointment was scheduled for 10th Jan 2014 and my doctor was not available before that.

I had so much trouble concentrating , even on trivial matters.I often had dizzy spells and awful pains in my lower abdomen. My family urged me to have a checkup as soon as possible in order to rule out ectopic pregnancy, and not wait until Jan 10th.

So there I was sitting in front of an obstetrician, who I would say was least interested in listening to me ( wrong choice of doc - my mistake ). Then happened the ultrasound in which she couldn't locate my baby's heartbeat. She blabbered about my baby and that if she didn't get to see my baby's heart beat 2 weeks later , at the next appointment, she would advise D&C for me. Wow, how considerate.I was deeply hurt and started crying the moment I left the hospital. The only gain from that visit was that I ruled out ectopic pregnancy. I vowed to never go back there.

(10/1/2014) Saw my baby's heartbeat in the ultrasound. The baby's age was corrected based on his CRL- from 8W 5D to 6W 4D. The doctors weren't concerned about the correction of age. They said that these kinds of things do happen and that it was nothing to worry about. Feeling reassured , I left the hospital with a good feeling that finally my sufferings were over.

My acne was gone, my headaches were not that terrible and most of the other symptoms were also subsiding.

A week later, I started experiencing nausea and cramping . I felt sick and wanted to lie on the bed all day. I wasn't able to distinguish between nausea and hunger. Acne was back, headaches started getting terrible and I couldn't sleep at night. I started vomiting many times a day and it was draining me out.

Click here for Part 2